DHL Global Forwarding to Offer New ELPRO LIBERO ITS Solution
25 Jun 2019
DHL Global Forwarding (Belgium) NV/SA has announced it will begin offering ELPRO’s new low-cost, life-cycle temperature indicator LIBERO ITS to customers along with its current temperature data monitoring solutions.
“The LIBERO ITS offers several unique advantages to DHL and to our consignees. Temperature data monitoring innovations like this allow us to continue to provide the highest levels of service for our customers,” says Linda Moens, Sales and Marketing Director at DHL Global Forwarding Belgium & Luxembourg.
Moens said the addition of LIBERO ITS into DHL’s exiting product line offering will provide economic operational efficiencies, speed and flexibility for customers, while helping to reduce recycling waste costs. “The device has a four-year battery life and data can be provided directly to the customer through this indicator. DHL does not have to scan and process the information,” Moens added.
“We greatly value our partnership with DHL and look forward to supporting the successes with their customers implementing this new innovation into their quality management operations,” said Luk Servaes, business development manager at ELPRO Benelux.
Moens also cited the following advantages:
- The LIBERO ITS indicator is virtually weightless; therefore, it will not add additional cost to the transportable volume of products. (Size: <30x30mm, <3mm thickness).
- It requires no software. One-touch, wireless read-out of data and documentation of statistics via Smartphone enables fast critical decision-making right on site
- It records temperature deviations and manages the predetermined stability budget of the shipment from end to end, and notifies stakeholders of any temperature excursions
- NIST traceable point by point dataarchival is available in ELPRO’s industry-leading liberoMANAGER cloud solution
- Eliminates IATA dangerous goods paperwork; and is GxP compliant and GAMP5 validated
- Instant generation of calibration certificate via QR code scan on the device.
“The ability to react proactively and immediately for our clients is an enormous advantage. This new electronic temperature indicator will help us make sure DHL clients stay satisfied with our services,” Moens said.
To learn more details about this unique application in clinical trials, download ELPRO’s latest white paper "Temperature Monitoring in a Changing Clinical Supply Chain: A Focus on Direct-to-Patient Trials" on the ELPRO Leading Minds Network blog today.
Further information about DHL – The logistics company for the world
DHL Global Forwarding Belgium is part of Deutsche Post DHL Group, global market leader in the logistics industry. DHL Global Forwarding Belgium offers a complete range of air freight, ocean freight and multimodal transport solutions. To complement our product offer, we provide additional transport-related services that include handling customs formalities, offering insurance services, warehousing and distribution solutions and the integrated management of customers' end-to-end supply chains. We offer specialized solutions such as Industrial Projects, secure shipments of high-value goods and the transportation of temperature-controlled goods. We are highly focusing on our Life Science and Healthcare industry, with a market share of 66,67 % in Belgium. DHL Global Forwarding Belgium is a key station in the global DGF network, with a state-of-the-art building which meets the most stringent safety requirements and we are AEO, Thermonet and IATA CEIV certified. We also have an expanded temperature controlled area (+2 °C..+8 °C (1'600 m²), -20 °C (30 m²) and +15 °C..+25 °C (4'570 m²).